Tuesday, May 14, 2013

West Coast Weekend

I spent the weekend in Monterey and Carmel, CA. What a beautiful area! I loved the coast and the cliffs (it reminded me of certain beach towns in Chile) and met some very chill people. They definitely had a certain je nais se "Californiatude..." that I readily adapted to. 


Getting some sun and splashing in the gorge in Big Sur, CA (that's me on the left)

Eat like a local:


Hula's Monterey 622 Lighthouse Ave, Monterey, CA 93940



Full Moon 429 Alvarado Street, Monterey, CA 93940 

Another random highlight of the trip (maybe of any hangout with a girl) is that you get to use/try some of their beauty products because you're in there using their bathroom, living their life... and you get curious! Thanks to my friend Joc, I'm now obsessed with:



So Pretty! My friend is blonde with green eyes - I'm a brunette with brown eyes... this shade worked great on both of us. Score. 



I'm a mascara whore. I had to try this because it was so fannnccy compared to my drugstore go-tos. It's making my top 5 list of mascaras. I loved how it opened up my eyes, I loved the length + volume, and it wasn't too clumpy. 

AWESOME lotion! Feels so great, absorbed quickly, I became addicted. 

Happy rest of the week! (Sucks to be back at work. Whomp, whomp.)

**Hair update: I washed my hair with baking soda on Friday morning. I let it get super dirty over the weekend (beach, outside air, finger combing). On Sunday, my friend and I added coconut oil to our hair to condition it. I slept with it in my hair, so by Monday morning, I really needed to wash my hair. I was too embarassed to ask her for baking soda and was pressed for time, so I washed my scalp with Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Shampoo. The coconut oil was great though, and I highly recommend it. My hair is really soft and shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment