Thursday, May 16, 2013

Email subject lines.

I've gotten into the bad habit of writing "the thesis statement" of my emails in the subject line. It just gets the job done quickly... and I learned to do this at my job. At first, I thought that everyone who sent me command emails this way was rude and passive aggressive. They are. But when in Rome... I've learned to appreciate the messages in the subject line because it is like instant messanger, only not-cool. 

I just wrote the following subject in an email to my friends. I sent them the link to this blog:

"what i do when im bored. if u have a cool link. send it to me. nobody reads this. i post things so my brain doesn't explode in the office."

This is an experiment to see if I have friends. (Thank you CT, because you already got back to me and actually told me you love the subject line.)

No comments:

Post a Comment