Thursday, May 16, 2013

More face... and inspo via Charlotte Tilbury


Make-up artist CHARLOTTE TILBURY

CHECK OUT HER BLOG/HOW-TOS...

"I put on mascara and the whole world’s reaction to me changed. I remember feeling kind of hurt about that. And then I realized, Actually, I’m just like everybody else. I do judge people by the way that they look; we all do. Obviously the personality matters, but that initial moment, if someone walks into a room and they’re gorgeous, you kind of embrace it. Beauty is such a beguiling thing." -Charlotte Tilbury 

I was inspired to write about my love for mascaras by Charlotte Tilbury's recent interview featured in INTO THE GLOSS:

Tilbury explains, "On my eyes, I always put on eyeliner before mascara. I like to do what I call the ‘feline flick,’ inspired by all of those icons of the 1950s, '60s, '70s. Cats are very sensual, and that elongation—it just immediately says ‘sexy’ to me. I trace the shape I want my eyes to be with Dior’s Waterproof Crayon Eyeliner in Intense Brown and then I go over it with mascaras, plural. [Laughs]. My mascara is a hybrid of four different mascaras, until I develop my own. I might start with either the Chanel Inimitable or Kevyn Aucoin to get separation and definition, and then I might build up a little with the Maybelline Colossal, to add length and make them grow. Once I’ve got that in place and I want more drama, I go over with the Tom Ford Mascara or the Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara. Always in black. And I’ll add even more of the Tom Ford or the Estée Lauder one at night when I’m going out, just to make it even more false-eye-lashy looking. I’m wishing for the perfect mascara; I don’t want to use five. It’s a fucking bore to use five! If only I could find the perfect mascara, the perfect cream, the perfect foundation…"

Well, I'm ok using a million mascaras at a time. Trying them out is like a borderline hobby for me. What would I do with just one?

The current gang:



from left to right: Cover Girl "Clump Cluster" - Benefit "They're Real" - Lancome "Hypnose Drama" - Rimmel "Lash Accelerator" - Maybelline "Falsies" - Chanel "Le Volume"

What I do (1 or 2 coats of each):
(day): Clump cluster; Lash Accelerator; Le Volume; Hypnose Drama; Lash Accelerator for final separation.

(night): Clump cluster; Lash Accelerator; Le Volume; Hypnose Drama or They're Real or a coat of each,followed by as much Falsies as needed -depending on the look. BE SURE TO SEPARATE AND COMB LASHES AS YOU GO... nobody thinks globbed on mascara is sexy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment