Thursday, May 23, 2013

Bottoms up! (vegan, gf)




OBSESSED WITH:



I found Perfect Food Raw (in chocolate flavor) at my local organic market. I'm a sucker for trying supplements and whatever claims to make me a bionic woman, and these caught my eye a few weeks ago. I've been drinking a glass of vanilla flavored almond milk with a packet of chocolate Perfect Raw Food, every morning. This holds me over until I get hungry for breakfast at work. I LOVE IT!

The instructions say to mix the supplement with water... I think this is bizarre and gross in theory (chocolate flavored plant enzymes in water... vomit in my mouth). 

Instead, I decided to make mine with milk because it seemed like it would be similar to mixing Nesquik with milk. I used to love chocolate Nesquik when I was little!
 I use a blender to get the drink smooth because I have yet to successfully mix the supplement in the milk stirring by hand.
Lastly, I've found that the trick to making this beverage a treat is to use very cold milk! 

It's refreshing and filling. I really think the cold temperature and the milk mask whatever "weird" flavor the supplement might have. My boyfriend thinks I'm a pyscho and doesn't understand how I tricked my brain into loving this combination. 

 

C'est la vie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment