Thursday, April 11, 2013

Cookie top (because I don't like muffins).

That's a lie. I do like muffins, but only the muffin-tops. They tend to have all the extra sweetness. I like really cold muffins. I learned I preferred them chilled because in college, I used to buy chocolate chip muffins that were stocked towards the top freezer section of the fridge in the store. The cold muffins were refreshing and made the muffin-top all the more chewy. I can't really describe it.

I'm actually not that much of a cookie fan. I don't like dry foods.This whole post is a lie. I like cookies and muffins under certain conditions

HOWEVER... I think these cookies will change my life because they have nutella and sea salt. I love nutella... and sea salt is fine just because I like the sea and I like salt... I'll happily sacrifice my waistline for these:


Nutella stuffed brown butter and sea-salt chocolate chip cookies from Ambitious Kitchen. OMG.

I first tried the sea-salt/chocolate combo when I was in Chile visiting my grandma. It was very late at night and I wanted junk food (that I knew my grandma wouldn't have) but I was determined to find something yummy in her pantry. I looked and looked and almost gave up, until I found a dented box of bon-bons. It was dark and I couldn't see what kind of chocolates were in the box. Frankly I didn't care. I carefully opened the box (because if it looked un-opened, my grandma would never know that I had opened the box... not that she would have cared... but I felt guilty stealing chocolate from my grandma at an odd hour of the night), grabbed a chocolate and popped it in my mouth.

Then my brain exploded with ecstasy because I had never experienced the sweet and salty combo chocolate delight. Because one of my senses was compromised (it was dark and I could not judge the bon-bon) the experience of taste was heightened and all the more glorious. 

I'm determined to make these Nutella-stuffed brown butter and sea-salt chocolate chip cookies... and by that I mean that I'll ask my sister (because she'll go the extra mile to make them GF) or bf to make them for me because I like instant gratification. I wouldn't be able to get past licking the cookie batter, on my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment